- There are generally three amperages to consider with travel trailers. Most travel trailers require a 30 amp hookup but there is also a 50 amp and 15 amp. The 50 amp is usually for trailers with extensive appliances such as dishwashers, laundry machines, or dual AC units.
- It is a good idea to get a 15 amp adapter if your trailer is set up for 30 amps so you can still hookup to a 15 amp outlet if your campsite has only 15 amps available.
- Ensure the detachable power cord is securely connected to the RV before plugging into power source
- Ensure detachable power cord is securely connected to RV before plugging into power source.
- If your site only has a 15 amp outlet, using high energy devices can set off the breakers. Appliances like your AC unit or using multiple appliances can trigger this.